Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Have A Nice Day Gone Bad: Roxanne Shante Admits To Lying About Ph.D


(Via Urban Daily)

Slate Magazine had previously reported that Roxanne Shante’s story about having her label pay for her Ph.D, reported by the New York Daily News was false, after investigating it. Now Roxanne Shante has finally addressed the issue with a letter.

“I would like to thank my long time fans and supporters for your continued support. I am humbled and grateful to all of you for that. Without going into all of the details as of right now, I would like to apologize that this story regarding my post recording career has caused such a ruckus. The entire story will be revealed at a later time.

Throughout my career and life, I have been faced with many challenges, both professionally and personally. Like all of you, I am human, and may have not made the correct decision all the time. And, like anyone else, I would like to think that my entire life or career is not judged by one error or mistake.It is very easy to criticize someone and I have left myself open to criticism. That is fair. There are plenty of people that will attest that I have done a lot for them. It seems though, that negativity gets more attention than positivity.

All I can say to that, is before you level any further criticism and cynicism, walk in my shoes. I am making this statement to apologize to the people that truly care about me for any angst that this situation has caused, and to thank them for their continued support. I am proud of what I have been able to do for so many others, and would like to let those persons know that I will continue to be there for them no matter what.

I am proud that during my twenty plus years as a pioneer in the Hip-Hop industry, to have opened doors for those who came after me, such as MC Lyte, Salt N Peppa, and Queen Latifah to name a few. I will have no further statement in regards to this matter at this time.”

1 comment:

Milagro said...

First of all,the only reason she was talkin all that bull is because everybody found her out.She probably thought no one would find out and if no one would've said anything,she would've kept up that same fib about getting a PhD. And she did not pave the way for the people that she named. They were rapping around the same time she started so whatever.