Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Def Jam's L.A. Reid flies to Belize to finalize Shyne’s Contract

(Via Miss Info)

7news Belize reports that Def Jam Chairman L.A. Reid flew down via private jet to Belize to deliver Shyne’s record contract, confirming last week’s MissInfo scoop. After landing, Reid, the consummate showman, laid it on thick for the media….

LA Reid: “I have come here to stand by Shyne and to officially kick off our partnership with Island Def Jam Music Group and Gangland Records and so it is really an honour to be here, really very special place.”
[Reporter: Why did you find it necessary to come here yourself?]
LA Reid: “I am here because great people are worthy of travelling many many miles for it and I come here to say that your country is great and I hope you guys know that this is a great man from your country who deserves this kind of respect and who deserves this kind of support. So that is why we are here.”
“We don’t talk about things like but only that there is one and that we are intend to do great things and we are very committed to Shyne’s career.”
[Reporter: Should we expect a big comeback from Shyne?]
LA Reid: “I don’t expect it, I can promise it.”



(PS: The report’s claim that his contract is worth between $5-$10 million seems exaggerated, but the rest seems accurate.) (thanks to reader Nello R. for the tip : )

UPDATE: Eskay/Nahright addresses this report and basically makes too much sense. I wish I could say everything I hear. But time will tell it for me. That said, I don’t blame Shyne for getting everything he can.

Shyne’s response after the jump…

After LA’s high praise, Shyne returned the favor in kind:
Shyne: “It is an honour and a pleasure, not just for me but for Belize. Chairman Reid is on the level of Berry Gordy, Clive Davis, the biggest music men in the history of music, and so to have a partnership with Gangland Records and Island/Def Jam is incredible for me.”

No comments: