Saturday, November 1, 2008

Election 08: Redman, Ice T, De La Soul M1 (From Dead Prez) and Jay Electronia on The Elections, Voting & Obama

Redman Speaks on The Election


De La Soul, M1 and Jay Electronica Talk Voting



Ice-T on the Election, Voting for the First Time Ever
"I picked Hillary, and she (his wife Co Co) picked Barack Obama. We knew we weren't going to vote for McCain, let's start off with that. He reminded us too much of Bush, and I just didn't feel a connection with him. (And I haven't voted before. I registered to vote for the first time for this election.) http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/archives/2008/10/icet_on_the_ele.php

Excerpt from De La Soul's interview with Vibe's Jeff Chang
Dave: "I think a lot of it has to do with the whole slogan of just "Change." I think a lot of people are just looking for that change, that new face, that different thing, and obviously, how the country's been ran like the whole last eight years, people are not comfortable with that happening for another four years, and I think that's where the popularity is. But I think that there is a group of people who are waiting for more than just politics. They're waiting for that deliverance!" http://blogs.vibe.com/jeffchang/2008/10/qa-de-la-soul-on-whether-obama-can-deliver/

No comments: